SMS Corona Virus - Update 17/03/2020
Due to the rising severity of COVID-19 we are implementing additional health and safety procedures to limit the spread of the virus for the safety of staff, their friends, families and of course, our valued customers. Below is detailed but not limited to the actions we have taken and will be taking:
- All staff are now required to wear gloves that will be changed hourly.
- All staff have been advised to wash hands on a regular basis using soap and water.
- All staff have been briefed on the government recommendations and have been given an info pack detailing this. Customer copies also available in store.
- All staff have been given a document detailing the procedures relating specifically to SMS PC & iPhone Repair, and there is a copy available for customers in store.
- All devices are wiped down using Anti-viral wipes when they are received and again before been returned.
- The customer PC at the front of our store is now use by request only. You will be required to wear gloves when using this PC. These gloves will be provided (Latex and Vinyl alternatives will be provided) If for any reason you cannot wear the gloves, we will require you to wash your hands using soap for 20 seconds in our facilities.
- The customer use PC will be wiped with anti-viral wipes twice a day and after every use.
- A procedure and schedule has been drafted to wipe down surfaces, door handles and other public use devices such as the chip and pin reader on an hour basis.
- We unfortunately will no longer be accepting cash payments, card or bank transfer only.
- Chip and pin reader will be wiped down before and after use, and gloves are available on request.
- All home visits have been suspended for the moment, we are offering a collect and return service for £15 if you are unable to deliver the devices to use, we request that you meet us at the door to hand us the devices, technicians will be wearing gloves, and devices will be wiped down upon arrival at our store, and again before they are delivered back to you.
- We are currently unable to obtain hand sanitizer, once we do, these will be available at the front desk and beside our customer use PC. If anyone has any available, it would be greatly appreciated.
We have a range of refurbished laptops in stock and ready to go should anyone need a laptop to work from home, we can also professionally refurbish any laptop you have at home running windows 7 or above to use to work from home, just contact us via Facebook, email or phone.
We urge you not to come in store, but instead arrange a home collection where we can take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We are currently working on refurbishing older laptops with 120gb ssd's and windows 10 upgrades that will be sold at cost of around £60 for those who need a device to work / educate from home, there is limited availability and so will be on a first come first serve basis, please send an email to email@example.com if you require one of these devices and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Thank-you from the SMS team